In addition to the outdoor project that's going on, we simultaneously have an indoor project going on. It's the dresser that I've been referring to for the nursery! Unfortunately, again, the project was a bit underway before I was able to snap before pictures. Drat! I did manage to get a few pictures after the hardware had been removed and the dresser got a light sanding, so use your imagination to visualize what it would have been like.
This dresser was actually from a set that came from my mom's bedroom as a child. Did I already mention that? I have pregnancy brain and can't remember ANYTHING! Anyway, for that reason, it is really special to me, but it did need a little updating. If you can see it in the pictures, the color was a pea soup greenish-yellow, and the top is a wood laminate. The drawer pulls were brass, and the best way I can describe them is that they look like that standard kind of pull that looks like pigtails. Do you know what I'm talking about? Maybe it's just me, but I've seen the shape of the pull before and I've always thought of them as a face with pigtails. And, as the entire dresser, were probably 50 years old.
The plan is to paint it a nice white semi-gloss while keeping the top wood as-is, and to update the hardware with some chrome pulls. The paint I got was just off the shelf Olympic no-VOC paint (base 2). And I can not WAIT to put the new hardware on that I picked out. Not only do I love it, but amazingly the screws are in the exact same positions as the old set. Total score.
Unfortunately, Byron is taking on this project as well, and since he is swamped in the project space right now, it's taking a little longer than I hoped. You'll just have to wait with bated breath for the finished product. I know I will be.