Monday, September 6, 2010

Seeing Red

I am in a sea of red.  Literally.  Or at least I was yesterday.
Have you ever seen this much fabric?  It was everywhere.  This is only one side of the room.  So here is the back story.  For one of my other part time obligations, I coach a high school colorguard squad.  Their first performances are coming up, and we are in need of a new set of flags.  There just so happened to be this huge red fabric monster in their equipment closet, and since I can sew, it is now becoming our closing set of flags.  In order to manage this hug beast, I cut it down the seams into 8 strips.  Each strip was about 42 inches wide, and I don't know how long each was but I'm pretty sure it is longer than the width of my house.  So needless to say, that's a lot of fabric - cutting it apart took around 3-4 hours alone!  Fortunately my sewing room didn't look like this for long.
At first I was only going to have to make 8 flags, but now, we took our show in a new direction, so that means I have to make 24 flags.  By the 18th.  And did I mention that I am going to be out of town for work a couple of days in there?  I have recruited Byron to help me as much as possible, and so far that has meant ironing.  Regardless, it looks like my sewing machine (and my free time, for that matter) is going to be all work and no play for the next week or so.  I hope to be able to work on other things around the house too, but they might just be put off until I make my deadline!

No comments: