Saturday, July 24, 2010

Madam Librarian

I've been on a roll creating skirts.  I found simple, easy tutorials here and here and I've just gone to town.  I made the first one this past Tuesday night and wore it to work on Wednesday.  I made the second on Thursday night and wore it to work on Friday.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of my Wednesday outfit - I was running late (surprise, surprise) and by the time I got home from work I was not, uh, let's just say, camera ready.  Friday morning I was blessed with 15 extra minutes and a husband with the day off and managed to snap some pictures.  When I put my outfit together, I definitely felt like I was channeling a librarian.
I don't know how these girls do it.  It was only Byron taking a couple snapshots of me and I felt like I was getting my senior pictures taken all over again.  It was so awkward and uncomfortable.  And somehow I even managed to make my legs look like they were joined at the thigh.  I looked like some sort of one-slash-two legged bird.  Maybe the key is a glass of wine before you take pictures of yourself.  Or maybe it's the glass of wine when you are reviewing them.  Or maybe both.  Either way, I am glad I made him take the pictures but boy, do we have a long way to go to make them interesting.  (Uh, and clear.  Apparently I am fighting with my camera.)

No comments: