Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cheap Fix

Although we built our new house from scratch and I was able to hand pick just about everything, there were still several things that ended up being a surprise to me.  For example, in the bathroom, FORTUNATELY our builder was so generous to give us a towel bar.  UNFORTUNATELY, it only holds one towel.  Proof.
Please notice my awesome photoshopping skills.
I am great at distorting images and matching color.  Maybe.
Notice the one towel that fits on this towel bar.  You will just have to trust me that there isn't enough room for two, because my awesome photoshopping skills might not make that clear.  This doesn't work so much for me.  First, I share this bathroom with my husband.  Second, I have long hair.  Long hair = two towels needed for showering.  Follow me if you will, but Byron + me + me = three towels.  So for the past four months, many a towel has found itself on the floor (ack!).
That's where my husband came to the rescue.  On our rainy day off yesterday, I dragged him into TJ Maxx where we picked up some lovely hooks that will hold, get this, four towels!  Woo hoo!  And at only $9.99 each (we picked up two - one for the spare bathroom as well), it was such a cheap fix.  15 minutes later, voila!
Hooks!  I plan to take down the original rinky-dink towel bar and instead replace it with artwork of some sort.  The only thing I have on hand that would fit in the space is a ballerina photograph.  The bathroom is not really the place for a ballerina, but I guess we'll see.  Maybe it would be a good chance for me to try my hand at painting!?!?

No comments: