Monday, July 12, 2010

A Weekend Wedding Reception

Saturday we spent the afternoon & evening in Clear Lake, Iowa, at the wedding reception of our friends Julia & Stefan.  We had such a great time.  Attending weddings makes me reminisce about my own wedding, and my mind always wanders to what I would do differently if I ever had to do it again (to Byron, of course).  This of course drives Byron crazy because he insists our wedding day was absolutely perfect just the way it was, but I can't help it.  I love weddings and my mind just goes there.  The mood of their entire day was so relaxed and laid back and fun.  If I were to do this again I would definitely make it more like theirs.
But anyway, back to Julia & Stefan.  The reception started at the Clear Lake Art Center.  It was a cute, small town art center and was the perfect space for them.  The first part of the reception was basically like any wedding reception, that is, until they started showing Stefan's German music videos.  They were hysterical!  I had no idea that these existed, but man, they had me laughing.
The second part of the reception, and this was the greatest part, was a two hour river boat cruise on the Lady of the Lake.  There was plenty of food, drinks, music, and friendship to go around.  The boat ride was so scenic, too.  If it weren't two hours a way from home and cost a boatload of cash (get it?  I kill me...), I would do this for every party I had.
An ironic moment that happened to us was when our other friends from Clear Lake actually skied past us on their boat.  That doesn't happen every day!  
Here are a few moments we captured.
Byron and I enjoying the cruise.

Our friends skiing past.

Me and Julia.


No comments: