Friday, December 23, 2011

#30

The first thing I would like to say about this is that I was really looking forward to having paper whites in my house this Christmas.
The second thing I would like to say is that this couldn't have gone more wrong.
The weekend after Thanksgiving, I planted my paper white bulbs.  I had five bulbs and I split them among three containers.  This is what they looked like right after I planted them.
And here is what they look like today.
See how there is no difference?  Yeah, that's because they didn't grow.  Wop wop.  Although it is still a possibility, I would like to rule out me as a possible reason for why they didn't grow.  I planted them in three separate containers, two different ways, and had them in three different locations in the house.  You would think I could have gotten so much as a teeny root or shoot.  But no.  I think a good possibility could be that I bought these bulbs to plant last year.  I never got around to it, so I tried them this year.  I thought the bulbs would be fine since they were dormant, but maybe that's not a good theory?  Who knows.  In any case, I tried.  I failed, but I still tried.  Maybe in the future I'll have the urge to try again, but I think my desire to force paper whites has gone dormant for now.

No comments: