Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Goals

December is one of my favorite times of the year for two reasons.  First, Christmas.  I don't think I need to say much more about that.  And second, I find that December is the one time of year when I actually reflect on the past year.  I don't take a lot of time for reflection during my everyday life, but it seems like when the end of the year is approaching and a new year is about to begin, I just can't help myself.
And as I was thinking about this today, I realized that in order to make my December what I want it to be, there are a few things that I want to try to accomplish.  Cue the comeback of my goals list.  Again, it's not overwhelming, but hopefully it will be the little kick in the pants that I need to get ready for the holiday to come.
1. Bake Christmas cookies.  We have to have something to leave out for Santa, afterall.
2. Get a new Christmas tree.  The tree that I've had was purchased in 1988.  It's about time.
3. Hang stockings.  This means I need to do the final step and attach the tags.
4. Read 50 pages.  This might even mean I finish my book!
5. Finish the wedding gift for my nephew and his new wife.
6. Hem my pants.
7. Start Mason on cereal.  The doctor said he's ready.  It's me that's still getting used to the idea.
It's pretty short and sweet, and nothing too overwhelming, but it's just enough to make me feel like I've accomplished something and also to get ready for Christmas.  Wish me luck!

No comments: