Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wreath the Third

My friend Sara came over and we got our craft on and made...duh duh daaaa...a wreath!
All of the supplies except for the wreath form came from my stash, and I was very thankful that we were able to find some good colors!  It is funny how different types of projects require different types of color combinations.  And then sometimes I feel like I'm left with some odd choices.  But I digress...
I will say, for this wreath I used a form from a cheap fall wreath that was made of branches.  It definitely left our finished project looking a bit more rustic - you can see some of the original wreath sticking out (although you could probably remedy that by wrapping an additional layer of yarn), and it is not a perfectly uniform circle.  My personal choice is to use the wreath form made of green foam, but they all worked fine.
I am a little obsessed with these wreaths, but I'm pretty sure this was my last for the season.  Has anyone else made any wreaths?  Am I the only one?  Hmmm...probably.

No comments: