Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Before 30

Ah, yes.  Here it is.  The dreaded number that I am creeping up on.  So like I have seen others before me do, I have decided to create a list - the thirty things I want to accomplish before I turn thirty.  I have approximately sixteen months to accomplish this list.  I don't know if there are official rules for this type of list, but if so, I have modified them so that it will work for an indecisive person like me.  So without further ado, here is the list.


1.  Make a quilt for our bed.
2.  Sew something with French seams.
3.  Create a series for the blog.
4.  Get good at applying liquid eyeliner.
5.  Grow a kitchen herb garden.
6.  Refinish & recover my sewing chair.
7.  Apply wallpaper in the guest bedroom.
8.  Read Through Painted Deserts.  Done!
9.  Use one of my own photos for art in our house.
10.  Make my own pretty reusable grocery bags.
11.  Go a month without shopping.  Done!
12.  Get a fabulous haircut.
13.  Bake yummy bread at home.
14.  Finally settle on a rug!  Done!
15.  Lose 5 pounds.
16.  Quit at least one job.  Done!
17.  Learn how to make button holes on the sewing machine.
18.  Tile the kitchen backsplash.
19.  Sew a pair of shorts.
20.  Knit something from a pattern (and actually follow it).
21.  Redesign the blog.
22.  Read The Shack.
23.  Bake homemade baklava.
24.  Hem the bedroom curtains.  Done!
25.  Install bamboo blinds in our bedroom.
26.  Plant flowers in front of our porch.  Done!
27.  Build new laundry room shelves.
28.  Visit the sculpture garden.  Done!
29.  Make a jewelry storage board for my closet.
30.  Force paper whites.  Done!


So what do you think?  Am I too easy on myself?  Too ambitious?  Okay okay, I only came up with 29 things.  I will come up with the remaining one, I know, I just didn't want to think of something fast that I really didn't care about accomplishing.  So stay tuned for that.  I think I gave myself a good range of things to both expand on my current hobbies and also explore new territory.  I will update the blog with my progress along the way.  And then, I will be able to great 30 by the horns and say, "Now that wasn't so bad.  Bring on 40."  But I would be lying.  I still think 40 is really old.  No offense.

No comments: