Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We've Been Sodded

After six months of waiting for our new house to be built, and then nearly two months of living in the house with a dirt yard, today our yard got sodded.  (For anyone out there who knows my passion for correct grammar, I understand that this may not be the proper use of the word but it reminds me of a basketball cheer from high school so that's how I choose to use the term.)  Back to the sod.  When we got home from work, fortunately the sodding crew had started our sprinklers.  Yay!  But unfortunately, although they make their profession out of this type of work, hooking up a garden hose to a faucet proved to be a bit of a challenge and water was leaking all over the place.  Boo!  Byron and I spent about 3 hours outside admiring our new lawn.  He was setting the sprinklers just so, moving them around the yard, and talking yardwork with the other men in the neighborhood, while I just watched him work and chatted with the neighbors.  I also may or may not have shrieked and claimed to have gotten soaked by the sprinkler only to look down at my pant leg and see one drop of water.  But I can't confirm if that really happened or not.
But now for the big reveal.  Picture from the front...
And from another angle...
And from behind...
If you look really closely, you can see Minnie!

We are so glad that we have a yard.  You may find this hard to believe, but it is way more convenient than having a big plot of dirt.  The only downside?  The water bill.  We will be accepting free will donations starting, um, now.

No comments: