Monday, April 5, 2010

Little by Little

Little by little things are taking shape around this place.  Things are actually taking shape around here more quickly than I'm posting, because I'm still trying to get down that whole process of, you know, taking pictures of what I'm doing (before and after), uploading those pictures into the computer, finding them again, writing up a post, etc.  It's a complicated process for some of us.

So anyway, today a couple of things have been done.  The first is that I found a place for one of my posters, and we got it hung.  I actually took the initiative myself for once and measured the spot for the nail.  My big strong husband came along and actually pounded it in, but mostly because it was over my head, not because I'm not capable, right?  Right.  Anyway, it took one of our bedroom walls from looking like this...


To this...


The second thing we did tonight was bring in the TV stand that my husband so lovingly made for me.  I don't want to get into it, but what was supposed to be a simple project turned into a loooong project, version 3.0.  It may or may not be finished tonight, but we are using it as is in the meantime.  I'm sure there will be pictures of it  at another time.  That is, if I get that whole picture taking process down.

So slowly but surely, we are putting our mark on this place.  It is going from a bland, new construction ranch, to the place where WE call home.  And despite my frequency (or infrequency) of posting, I do have a lot of ideas cooked up inside my little brain just waiting to make their way onto my walls and floors!

No comments: