Thursday, September 1, 2011

September Goals

In some ways, this past month felt pretty long, and in other ways, it has flown by.  I went from being the mother of a two week old to having an almost seven week old.  Things changed by leaps and bounds in that regard.  There were some days that I felt bursts of energy and dreamed up projects for myself.  Other days, I barely kept my head on straight.  But now that August has come to a close, I did find that I was able to accomplish a few of my goals.
1.  Read at least 50 pages.  Done!  I don't have an exact count, but I think I pretty close to tripled that.
2.  Finish organizing Mason's nursery.
  Done!  There are no more piles of clothes sitting around or blankets strewn all over the floor.  Although I still have some plans for his room, I'd say he has the nicest space in the house right now. Well, it has the least amount of clutter, that's for sure.
Thanks to a commenter, the pants are in fact now folded on the hangers with the matching outfits, and pants that do not match outfits are put away in a drawer.  It's working so far.
3.  Cross two items off my 30 before 30 list.  I crossed off one item.  So there's progress, just not quite as much as I would have liked.  If it's any consolation, several items on my list have been started, so hopefully next month I'll gain some momentum.
My days at home with Mason have gotten a little bit easier, so I'm going to increase my goals by a few more this month. Here's what I've set my mind to accomplish.
1.  Read 50 pages.  This has been a good goal and I want to keep doing it until I finish the second book on my 30 before 30 list.
2.  Lose 5 pounds of baby weight.  It isn't just dropping off anymore - I'm starting to have to work at it.  This means watching what I eat and taking lots of walks with Mason & Minnie during the day.  Oh yeah, and starting to do real workouts.  I do have to go back to work next month, and I'd like most of my clothes to fit.
3.  Cross three items off my 30 before 30 list.
4.  Create meal plans for at least 4 meals each week.  If I can get in the pattern now, this will really help when I go back to work next month.
5.  Piece the top of Mason's quilt.

No comments: