Tuesday, April 26, 2011

iluvit iluvit iluvit

Look what was installed yesterday.
I love it.  My husband loves it.  He actually told me that this room is really starting to develop some character!  Ah, so proud.  We do have quite a few rooms with "builder basic" qualities, but I have just known that it will take time to put our personalized touches on everything.  I don't think Byron has quite the same vision (or does quite the same research) that I do, but it really made me feel like I did something good when I saw how much he liked it.  My personal style dwells somewhere between girly and modern, so I'm glad when I can find something we both like.  The room is still just a basic shell - I just can't wait for it all to come together.
Speaking of coming together, here is another project that will soon be in the works.  I had previously purchased Byron a rocking chair from IKEA (that I can't seem to find online - maybe they don't make it anymore?).  It had been in our room, but I moved it into the nursery and I love it.  I am thinking about making cushion covers for it, so to test it out I just draped the test fabric around it.  Here is what it could potentially look like.
I think the scale of the chair looks super short in this picture, but I swear it's adult sized.  And the black pillow came with our living room couch, but it is the perfect size for the chair, and I think the pattern coordinates, too.  I envision this corner with a floor lamp, a side table, an ottoman, and a basket for toys and books.  I just have to get up the guts to cut the fabric and make the covers.  I've never done it before, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out.
I am hoping for some progress on the dresser this weekend.  I know I keep bringing it up even though no work has started on it.  Byron has a pretty busy week this week, but I did hear him tell me it's one of his next projects in line.  As long as it gets done sometime in the next 11 or so weeks, I'm sure we'll be fine!

No comments: