Monday, March 14, 2011

So Many Options

I went to Lowe's the other day to pick up a couple of paint swatches.  This is what I ended up with:
There's only about 50 swatches up there in really about two colors.  I'm feeling the creams and the pale olives.  Where is that coming from?  Ummm...my addiction to Sarah's House.  And did I find any fabrics that coordinate with these colors?  Ummm...no.  So apparently what I haven't learned from Sarah's House is to start with the fabric scheme and choose the fabrics from that.  No, I haven't learned anything at all.  I've only confirmed the fact that I am ridiculously indecisive.
Somewhere right in the middle there is my favorite color - Olive White.  It looks neutral in some lights and green in other, and I don't really know why I'm drawn to it, but I am.  I am caught between the idea of creating a color palette (aka playing designer) with fabric first, then building the room from there, or just winging it based on things I like, because in reality, I'm not a designer, but just a regular person.  I'm interested in making quick and frugal decisions, so I think my next step is another trip to the fabric store.  If I end up with no luck there, then I may just commit to the "wing it" plan.

No comments: