Tuesday, September 17, 2013

LATELY

Lately, nothing super special has been going on, but it seems like we have been keeping busy.  We took a little labor day adventure to Union Park which included a picnic lunch, a ride on the Heritage Carousel, and several trips down the rocket slide.
We are about to enroll Mason in a gym class.  Just saying that makes me feel like he is growing up right before my eyes.  I really hope he likes it.  This boy has so much energy that I was just beginning to dread what it would be like for him to be cooped up in the house all winter long, and I had to find a way to get him out and active at least once a week.  I guess gym class is to boys what ballet is to girls, right?
After extreme heat for so long, fall weather is upon us, at least for the past few days, and it feels nice.  It is a welcome change of pace for us as we wrap up all of our exciting summer adventures and get ready for what comes next.  And although I don't usually get too deep on this little blog of mine, I'd like to share a few words that have really resonated with me lately.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6
These are familiar words to many of us, but they have a new meaning for me.  For some reason when I read these verses, I have always jumped to the part about "he will direct your paths" skipping right over "acknowledge him."  Just as we are entering this season of fall, I am entering a season of life where my focus will be on acknowledging God first in everything that I do.  Yes, he will still direct my paths, but that will be the result of my trust, praise, and acknowledgement.
There might be a shift in focus in this place.  It is obvious that I don't have time for craft projects or sewing or decorating like I used to, but what I do have time for is to reflect on my little life with my little family, and I hope to be able to share it with anyone who chooses to read.

No comments: