Monday, February 7, 2011

Purge #2



Another purge.  I'm patting myself on the back right now.  This purge claimed victim to another 23 items.  For those keeping score, that's 24 + 2 + 23 for a total of 49 items so far.  I had said that I would like to purge 100 things in the first few months of the year.  To give myself a firm deadline, I have actually chosen the 100th day of the year, which, by my calculation, is April 10.  (If I'm wrong, just go with it.)  So anyway, I am almost halfway there on the item count and I know there hasn't been 50 days yet in 2011, so I'm feeling pretty good.  Hence, the aforementioned back-patting.
This time it wasn't just clothing that fell to my clutter busting hand, but a random slew of things.  Let me break the photo down.

  • 1 candle - love it, but can't get it to burn.
  • 4 old magazines
  • 2 pairs of jeans - one with grease stains and another I'm pretty sure I'll NEVER fit into again.
  • 1 old bra
  • 1 pair of character shoes - from show choir...in high school...enough said
  • 1 picture frame
  • 1 Christmas ornament
  • 1 package of paper wine coasters
  • 7 used gift bags/boxes
  • 4 tank tops
I can't say I'll miss any of it, either.  Which begs me to ask the question, why keep this around in the first place?  I have no idea.  It's a problem, folks.  Some of us are just more cluttery than the next.  Some of these items are getting put in the Goodwill pile, but the rest are getting recycled or tossed.  Somewhere in this house there are 51 more items just waiting to fall to my decluttering mission.  What do you think they will be?  You're guess is as good as mine.

No comments: