Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Last Birthday...Ever

If I title my post The Last Birthday...Ever, do you know what I mean?  I'm sure some of you women do.  29.  That's me today.  Today I turned the last age I will ever admit to.
The day was in some ways off to a great start, and in others, not so good.  At 4:57 AM, I awoke with a sore throat, a stuffy nose, and a puppy intruding on my sleeping space.  First of all, that is way too early.  Times that start with a 4 should be off limits for waking up.  The other things were just 'icing on the cake', shall we say?  When the alarm went off at 5:25, I was welcomed to my 29th year by presents from Byron.  He did very well.  He gave me a yoga video that I had been wanting, a really cool book by one of my favorite fabric designers, Amy Butler, and this really cool print we had seen on Etsy.


I love it so much.  (It can be found here if anyone is curious.)  I can't wait to find a frame for it and find a wall to hang it on.  I have the perfect place in mind.
At work, my coworker made two pans of brownies for me.  Since I don't care too much for cake, this was so awesome.  And the two pans left one for me and one for me to share.  Kidding.  Sort of.
And now a little Chinese take out and relaxing to end the night is just what makes the perfect birthday.  I was hoping to go out to a nice restaurant, but since I'm feeling so crappy, we'll just save that for another day.  And for anyone who read my recent post, birthdays don't count as shopping.
I am a little sad to be hitting the big 2-9.  Mostly because I just don't want to be 30.  I want to be young forever.  Too bad I didn't ask for the fountain of youth for my birthday this year!

No comments: