Now that we are a week or so into 2011, I'm going to announce my official 2011 resolution. I have actually known what my resolution would be since mid-2010 and I've been saving it just for the new year. I know that sounds silly...if I already knew what I was going to resolve, why didn't I just make an August resolution or something like that? I don't know. Maybe because I procrastinate. But anyway. The time has come NOW. My 2011 resolution is to...BE MORE ORGANIZED!
In my life, I definitely put out the "I'm organized" vibe, but open some of my closet doors and kitchen drawers and you will see a big mess. I am a magnet for clutter. I just can't stay on top of it. I want to be in control of the goings on of my home, and honestly, my life.
So how will I be more organized this year? Here are some ideas that represent organization to me. I may not stick to all of these 100%, and some more ideas will be added to the list I'm sure, but here is where I'm at right now:
* Sort through mail regularly and don't let it pile up
* Reduce clutter - I would like to get rid of at least 100 things in the next month or so
* Clean more frequently (and take the burden off my wonderful husband who does it now!)
* Plan meals in advance
* Finish the projects that I start
* Be more prepared for holidays
* Do not store junk in the guest room closet
* Sort through our moving boxes that are still packed in the basement
So that's it. This is the year that I will be organized. Think I can stick to it? I hope so. Time will tell, but for right now, I'm off to sort through my closet.