Sunday, November 25, 2012

STOCKINGS

Now that we are officially past Thanksgiving (and survived), I am in preparation mode for Christmas.  Making these stockings was something that I had been wanting to do for a long time, and admittedly, I have been doing it for a long time.  You are really going to laugh at me as I tell you the back story on this little project.  I think I bought the fabric and found the pattern to make these three or four years ago.  I had them cut out two Christmases ago, but didn't get them sewn together in finished state until last year.  Oh, except for one little thing - there wasn't a way to hang them.  But now, after a grueling four year process, I can finally call them complete.  Tada!
Yes, I am displaying them in the bathroom, but that was the only place I had readily available hooks.  I think I'm going to go the Command Hook route (easy) and since we don't have a fireplace, I'll just hang them on our console (last seen here), though if little hands start to get too curious, they might have to move.
The tree went up yesterday, and this year I went with the "no color" color scheme (mostly clear, gold, and silver ornaments).  I'll have to get a picture up of if for sure.  It is funny because I only decorated the top half, again, because of curious little hands.  I really hope that I have time to work on a bit more decorating and holiday crafting.  I have a fabulous (in my opinion) idea (thanks, Pinterest) for ornaments and I would love to make initial tags for our stockings, too!

No comments: