Tuesday, May 22, 2012

GROWING

If you remember back last year, we put in some landscaping in our front yard, and I got started adding some beauty (in plant form).  This year, I am building on that foundation.  My first success this year were my tulips in early spring.  They were really beautiful, blooming in orangey-pink and white.  However...I have no picture to prove it.
Otherwise, we have pretty much filled up the rest of our garden.  I got two lobelia plants at the farmers market.  In reality, they are more of a bright blue color (they were called techno and they really do look a little neon).  Even though they are just annuals, they are probably my favorite flower right now.
My mother has taken a new hobby of buying me plants, and I don't mind!  She bought me two daisy plants and some other purple thing for my first Mothers Day, and then a few others in the days following.  This one below has really pretty gold flowers, but forgive me for not knowing what it is (even though the tag is right there I'm just too lazy to go check). But I still like it!
For perspective, I did manage to take a few wider angle shots.  Here are both the left side and the right side of the garden bed.  People and sprinklers kept me from getting the full picture, but I'm betting you can put two and two together.
And just for good measure, here's a shot of Mommy's little helper.  His most helpful skill is testing out all of the dirt to make sure it is still dirty.  Usually he will find that it is.

No comments: