Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

On Saturday, we took a family outing to a pumpkin patch about 15 minutes from our house.  This was not only Mason's first trip to a pumpkin patch, but it was also the first time that Byron and I had gone to a pumpkin patch together.  I find that now that I have gone back to work and our weekdays fly by, I am torn between wanting to relax the whole weekend at home and charging out to give Mason all the adventures that I can.  This past weekend, the adventures won out.
Despite the fact that Mason is only three months old and was groggy for pretty much the whole outing, we did have a great time.  We went to this pumpkin patch, which was only about 15 minutes from our house.  There are a ton of attractions and all the kids there looked like they were having so much fun, but since Mason isn't big enough to enjoy them quite yet, we just wandered around at our leisure, observing all the sites.
Byron wasn't thrilled about the added challenge of taking the stroller off-roading, but he handled it like a champ.  Thank goodness for a strong daddy!
We checked out the pumpkins first.  Well, technically I think we only checked out various types of squash which were on display in various wagons.  You actually take a hay ride to the pumpkin patch for the real pumpkins.  Either way, we saw these gorgeous gray-green pumpkins that were my favorite anyway.  I heard them referred to as Cinderella pumpkins. Whether that is the official name or not, it's cute, right?  I tried to show Mason the pumpkins and put his little hands on them so he could feel them, but he was hardly interested.
There was also a nursery, and just about every family had one of these amazing plants in their wagons.  So bright and happy!
There was a sign that we found that said "How tall this fall?"  So, of course, we had to stand mason in front of it.
Another thing we did while Mason slept was to feed some goats.  They were super cute, and that's coming from me, who is scared of just about every animal other than Minnie.  They were selling goat feed, but there had been enough spilled on the ground that Byron and I just picked up a couple of handfuls and let them eat out of our hands (cheapskates).  And yes, although I don't have photographic proof, I did let them eat out of my hand, too.
There were a few more sights that we checked out, but mostly we just observed.  It definitely makes me excited for more adventures with Mason as he gets older and more interactive!

No comments: