Monday, March 31, 2014

MASON PAINTS

This post could also be titled kid projects I liked doing more than my kid or also I probably missed my calling and should really be a famous artist with my mad skills.  Has a nice ring to it.
So, I found another project on Pinterest that I wanted to try with Mason (originally from here).  It looked easy enough, and ever since the bathroom activity Mason has really been into painting.  The premise of this activity is that you dip an old plastic card (gift card, hotel key, etc.) in paint and drag it along your paper, or in this case, empty cereal box.  And then you are a world class artist.  The end.
I just taped the box to the counter so it wouldn't move, then I showed him what to do and let him go for it. With my first swipe I was pretty much addicted so when Mason asked me to help I didn't back away.  I am such a dork.  Even as I was painting, it was fun to listen to him describe what we were painting.  He talked about making buildings and then asked me to make a bridge.  So even though it looks like blobs, his little mind was running wild.  I love it.
When the paint dried, the box buckled just a little bit, but I would still love to cut a portion of this painting out and frame my little artist's work.  You could also cut it into shapes and make some other type of craft project with it.  I will say, the reason we used the odd color combination that we did is that most of our paints have been sacrificed to the bathtub and I haven't picked up more.  I do wish that the colors went together a little better, but I guess we'll just have to do the project again.  And when we do, we will do it side by side so Mama gets to do it too.  Have fun trying this with your little ones!
Update:  I realize that I don't have a picture of the finished product.  Just trust me.  It's pretty amazing.

No comments: